The French federation of Full Contact and associated sports (Fédération Française de Sports de Contact et Disciplines Associées, FFSCDA) charges respondent M68 for a violation of the Anti-Doping Rules. During a match on April 19, 2014, a sample was taken for doping test purposes. Analysis of the sample showed the presence of a metabolite of cannabis. Cannabis is a prohibited substance according the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) prohibited list. It is regarded as a specified substance.
The respondent had been sanctioned by the disciplinary committee of the FFSCDA with a period of eligibility of six months. The respondent had admitted the use of cannabis before and on the day of the doping control. He wanted to lift the anxiety for apposing a stronger opponent but he did not want to enhance his sport performance.
The panel considers the use of cannabis in this particular field of sport as dangerous.
1. The decision of the disciplinary committee of the FFSCDA is cancelled.
2. The sanction is a period of ineligibility of nine months in which respondent can't take part in competition or manifestations organized or authorized by the FFSCDA and related federations.
3. The period of ineligibility will be reduced with the period fulfilled in provisionally suspension and the earlier decision of the disciplinary committee of the FFSCDA.
4. The decision starts on the date of notification.
4. The decision will be published and sent to the parties involved.