ISR 2018 KNBSB Decision Appeal Committee 2017011 B
April 18, 2018
In September 2017 the Royal Dutch Baseball and Softball Federation (KNBSB) has reported an anti-doping rule violation against the Person after his sample tested positive for the prohibited substance Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone. After notification a provisional suspension was ordered.
The Person didn’t file a statement in his defence nor did he request a hearing. He only alleged that the supplement Xtreme Test 2.0 he used was the probable source of the positive analytical finding and requested the Dopingautoriteit to test this supplement. However the WADA accredited laboratory reported in October 2017 that analysis of this supplement didn’t reveal the presence of prohibited substances.
Without the Person’s response the ISR-KNBSB Disciplinary Committee concludes that the evidence establish that the Person committed the anti-doping rule violation and that there are no grounds for a reduced sanction.
Therefore the ISR-KNBSB Disciplinary Committee decides on 22 December 2018 to impose a 4 year period of ineligibility on the Person starting on the date of the provisional suspension, i.e. on 9 August 2017.
Fees and expenses for this committee shall be borne by the Person.
ISR 2017 KNBSB Decision Disciplinary Committee 2017011 T
- National Decisions
- 22 December 2017
- Assum, G.R.M. van
- Maanicus, R.M.
- Vilé, E.J.A.
- Dopingautoriteit - Anti-Doping Authority Netherlands
- Adverse Analytical Finding
- Legal Terms
- Waiver of "right to be heard"
- Baseball-Softball (WBSC) - World Baseball-Softball Confederation
- Other organisations
- Dopingautoriteit - Anti-Doping Authority Netherlands (ADAN)
- ISR - Instituut Sportrechtspraak
- KNBSB - Koninklijke Nederlandse Baseball en Softball Bond
- Ghent, Belgium: DoCoLab Universiteit Gent-UGent
- Doping classes
- S1. Anabolic Agents
- Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- Document type