ISR 2018 KNKF Decision Disciplinary Committee 2018005 T
October 22, 2018
On 22 October 2018 the ISR-KNKF Disciplinary Committee decided to impose a 4 year period of ineligibility on the Person, after he tested positive for the prohibited substance Clomiphene. In this case the Doping Authority Netherlands (Dopingautoriteit) reported this anti-doping rule violation within the time limit since the Royal Dutch Strength Sport and Fitness Federation (KNKF) refrained from doing this and neither imposed a provisional suspension. Here the Person failed to file a statement in his defence nor did he request to be heard for the ISR-KNKF Disciplinary Committee. The case was settled based on the filed submissions.
Hereafter in November 2018 the Dopingautoriteit appealed the first instance decision with the ISR-KNKF Appeal Committee. In this appeal the Person did not file a statement in his defence.
The Dopingautoriteit requested for a reduced sanction and contended that the ISR-KNKF Disciplinary Committee in first instance erroneously imposed a 4 year period of ineligibility due to there was no evidence that the violation was intentional. Further the Dopingautoriteit contended that in the absence of a provisional suspension under the Rules the imposed sanction had to start on the date of the decision, i.e. 22 October 2018, and not on 5 November 2018.
The ISR-KNKF Appeal Committee agrees with the Dopingautoriteit and decides on 10 April 2019 to reduce the sanction and to impose a 2 year period of ineligibility on the Person starting on 22 October 2018.
Fees and expenses for this committee shall be borne by the ISR.
ISR 2018 KNKF Decision Appeal Committee 2018005 B
- National Decisions
- 10 April 2019
- Dijk, Michiel van
- Vermeulen, P.P.H.J.M.
- Wegen, J.M. van
- Dopingautoriteit - Doping Authority Netherlands
- Adverse Analytical Finding / presence
- Legal Terms
- Commencement of ineligibility period
- No intention to enhance performance
- Period of ineligibility
- Provisional suspension
- Rules & regulations National Sports Organisations & National Anti-Doping Organisations
- Waiver of "right to be heard"
- Powerlifting (IPF) - International Powerlifting Federation
- Other organisations
- Dopingautoriteit - Anti-Doping Authority Netherlands (ADAN)
- Instituut Sportrechtspraak (ISR) - Dutch Institute of Arbitration in Sports
- KNKF - Koninklijke Nederlandse Krachtsport en Fitnessfederatie
- Doping classes
- S4. Hormone And Metabolic Modulators
- Document type
- Pdf file