ISR 2017 KNBSB Decision Disciplinary Committee 2017011 T
December 22, 2017
On 22 December 2017 the ISR Disciplinary Committee of the Royal Dutch Baseball and Softball Federation (KNBSB) decided to impose a 4 year period of ineligibility on the Person after he tested positive for the prohibited substance Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone. The Person didn’t file a statement in his defence nor did he request for a hearing. An alleged supplement was tested but the laboratory analysis revealed no prohibited substances.
Hereafter in February 2018 the Person appealed the decision of 22 December 2017 with the ISR-KNBSB Appeal Committee. The Person argued that the anti-doping violation was not intentional and he raised the hypothesis that someone put the substance in his drink.
The Appeal Committee finds that the Person failed to produce any evidence in support of his argument and hypothesis. Neither did he establish how the prohibited substance entered his system. The Person’s claim about his unfamiliarity with the anti-doping rules is rejected.
Therefore The ISR-KNBSB Appeal Committee decides on 18 April 2018 to dismiss the Person’s appeal and to uphold the ISR-KNBSB decision of 22 December 2018.
Fees and expenses for this committee shall be borne by the Person.
ISR 2018 KNBSB Decision Appeal Committee 2017011 B
- National Decisions
- 18 April 2018
- Brands, J.E.
- Dijk, Michiel van
- Maessen, M.J.
- Dopingautoriteit - Anti-Doping Authority Netherlands
- Adverse Analytical Finding
- Baseball-Softball (WBSC) - World Baseball-Softball Confederation
- Other organisations
- Dopingautoriteit - Anti-Doping Authority Netherlands (ADAN)
- ISR - Instituut Sportrechtspraak
- KNBSB - Koninklijke Nederlandse Baseball en Softball Bond
- Ghent, Belgium: DoCoLab Universiteit Gent-UGent
- Doping classes
- S1. Anabolic Agents
- Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone (4-chloro-17β-hydroxy-17α-methylandrosta-1,4-dien-3-one)
- Food and/or drinks
- Document type